Requirements for application for Qualifying exams and Dissertation or Thesis defence
All requests submitted to Qualifying and Dissertation Defence Exam boards should be registered in the New System (SIGA) as of 01 April 2017.
The process is entrusted first to the advisor and the advisee, and then to the PG Progamme departments, involving SPG/IG.
Pay attention to the new deadlines and the change in the process!
Rules on formatting dissertations and theses
The IG Post-Graduate Department has developed a set of materials as a guide for the preparation of dissertations and theses with the following information:
- Formatting dissertations and theses in accordance with standards required by UNICAMP and IG;
- Procedures required for the final dissertation defence and qualifying exam;
- After the dissertation defence, procedures for the preparation of the final version and award of a Master´s or PhD degree;
- The forms to be submitted by the day of the final dissertation defence and a template for pre-textual elements such as the cover and front page (see forms at the end of the page);
- Follow the minimum requirement checklists for confirmation of the documents to be submitted together with the dissertation, thesis or qualifying exam work.
Preparation of a catalogue sheet
- Ask online at https://hamal.bc.unicamp.br/catalogonline2/